Monday 6 December 2010

Special Birthday Update :)

I know that my Birthday was almost two weeks ago now...boohoo :(
But I'm never one to under-do things, my one special day of the year, actually lasted a whole week! Just as I predicted :) I'm certainly not complaining though as it was one of the best weeks of my life - and so it should have been. After all, your only 21 once ;)

In an earlier, pre-birthday post in which I was pondering on the thought of getting old (I know have changed views - getting old is awesome!) I mentioned my planning OCD of outfits for special occasions and posted up an image of my potential B'day outfit! Also as predicted it all changed, but deffinetly for the better. For my final celebration night out with the girls I ended up going for a really seventies-inspired get up and unusual enough for me it wasn't a dress! - I love my dresses! But this outfit just won my heart over.

All Items Can Be Purchased In Store or Online Now
@  Topshop


I still Can't get over the fact that I bought my whollee outfit from the one shop! That has got to be a record moment for me...I can never, ever, ever!! usually do that. It is even more of a suprise to me that it is all from Topshop! I tend to not shop in there too often for a big occasion, although I really like their stuff, it is far too risky in some places to go on a night out in a Topshop garment (unless of course you are clever like me ;P) as you can guarantee that somebody, somewhere has the same piece on as you do! BIG UH OH!! Luckily, as I have mentioned before, Runcorn and some of it's close surrounding Towns are not the most 'adventurous' of places when it comes to fashion. So I was lucky enough to be Miss Unique of the night in my Topshop Seventies Spread! The best thing is, I can wear all of my outfit again throughout the winter months as separates...Those shorts will look fab with chunky knits and booties by day!!

All Items Can Be Purchased Online
@ ASOS
A big part of my Birthday lasting so long was down to the fact that my fabulous boyfriend took me for a little suprise get-away...To Norway! Obviously not your average romantic weekend away but that is why it was so amazing to me! He knows I love snow just as much as sun and nowhere in Europe would be hot enough for me for just a few days in November so...why not!

It was nothing like I imagined it to be, although I don't actually know what I was imagining whilst sat on our little 1.5hr aeroplane journey...I was just super excited to be seeing a brand new country. Travelling is probably my favourite hobby, I am such a culture-vulture and get amazed by the slightest new sight! It was very American-Esq and I loved that as my next big trip will hopefully be to New York - Oslo was like a little European starter for the next big course!

On that note, the Shopping was to die for! Norway is one of the most expensive places in the world but for a bargain-hunter like me it was just like any other city which I have shopped in, but BETTER! (Oh Yes...I did go shopping in minus 10 degrees, 4 inch snow, What can I say??) I was quite surprised at how fashionable the Norwegians are too in such a cold atmosphere! I know that they are kind of on the map more nowadays in the street-style department but at temperatures like that I expected, massive Mr Blobby coats and snow boots but no...those tall, beautiful girls can work it come hail, rain or snow.

So that is some of my memorable moments from my special 21st Birthday for you. Until next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment