Sunday 5 December 2010

Guilty Pleasure!

I speak for myself and probably half of the UK population right now when I admit that my current guilty pleasure is...
X Factor! To be honest I think it has been every year since it started, I enjoy nothing more on a cold Winters, Saturday evening than to snuggle up on the sofa with lots of chocolate and let myself drift into TV land...
Not the most glamorous weekend for a newly 21 year old lady but, do I care...Nope :) That is what winter is for in my eyes, coziness is key!

So anyway, X Factor! More than ever this year, It is SO about the styling for me...I actually look forward to the artists outfits more than, the song choice or talent...who cares If Rebecca Ferguson can't move a muscle on stage, her voice is amazing and she is just totally flawless at all times, even when out on the street with no stylist, she is just so amazingly retro!

*Rebecca Ferguson*
Wearing:
Sugarhill Boutique - Paris Nights Playsuit
Completely Sold Out @ > Click Me

*Rebecca Ferguson - Love The Hat*
Using Hipstamatic Camera Ap For IPhone - 
As advertised in a previous post of mine ;)


Another fashion moment which got my heart racing was from the show-formed girl group, Belle Amie! I have read alot of disrespectful comments about the styling of this group but personally I think they were just super chic from day one, strolling into auditions with cute little head scarves on and what not, how adorable is that! I particularly loved the week that they performed, Got Me Going by The Kinks - A real modern twist on the sixties mod look was pulled off and I Loved It!!


*Belle Amie*
I am the biggest fan of white tights -
actually tights in general are my life long obsession!
The High-Street look works so well on the fab four!
(I Spot Topshop)

Sadly I havn't seen much of Belle Amie in the media
since the early departure of the group In the Halloween Episode.


Whilst on the subject of my cheesey guilty pleasures, i'd like to mention another girl band which I have been following...and yes, mainly because of their ranking in the fashion stakes :) I must say, musical talent doesn't really do much for me, I love a good drunken sing and dance - don't get me wrong, but I'm much more visual! The group I am swooning at the moment is The Like - a stylish, Indie-Rock foursome from California. 
*The Like*
Photo edited by myself :)


The current members of the band are - Elizabeth "Z" Berg (vocals and guitar), Tennessee Thomas (drums), Laena Geronimo (bass), and Annie Monroe (organ). Well known for their punchy lyrics and edgy sounds, but the look is just as important part of the job as the music and It seems that Tennessee is the brains behind the bands old school, retro style. She claims to pick outfits that subtly co-ordinate but represent each of the girls’ personalities. They look like they've come straight out of Camden or Carnaby in 1964 to me and I'm wishing I was travelling with them right now! 


Do I Hear Sirens ;)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment